I sat in on Greg Preston's podcasting session at NSWCEG today.
Here is a roundup.
- Podcast research (in relation to educational outcomes and classroom learning. Not much of it around. Suffice to say that "it feels right".
- Examples of podcasting, from professional, commercial, to student.
- Quick demo of how to record, edit, save and upload. reference to numerous web based tutorials.
- How to use podcasts. Group projects, authentic audienc, external contacts, must be organised.
- Steps to success.
- Concept (audience, delivery, funding, outline, tasks.
- Content (subject matter, research)
- Implementation (record, edit etc)
- Evaluate: (assess against outcomes/goals, rubric)
- Further issues. (copyright, child protection)