Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cool New T Shirt

When Darren Draper said that he'd left a box of t-shirts at the doorway of the main building on ISTE island, I just had to go inworld as soon as I returned from work and grab one "before someone stole the box". (Daren's words)

Whilst I was expecting to get a t-shirt, I wasn't expecting to meet such a range of friendly folk attending the NECC conference in Atlanta though. Had a wonderful time listening to conference highlights from the participants. sounds exciting, though a bit overwhelming...and there are still 2 more days to go.

I made some great new friends. I'll certainly be visiting more regularly.

I live in a relatively remote part of NSW Australia and Second Life provides me with a real, and achievable way to connect with others.

Thanks Darren.

3 comments:

Rachel Boyd said...

That is SO cool!

SL is something I think I will enjoy investigating during my holidays (get 2 weeks off at the end of this week)... I have dedicated a good part of a day to having a tiki-tour around - hope I don't spend too much time bumping into doorways and walls!

Now all I have to dream up is a SL name for myself - hmmmm....

Mark said...

It was really cool Rachel. I feel like I was at the conference mingling with the crowd. And the T shirt is great! :-) Cant have too many T's.

We break for two weeks same time as you. I have the NSW Computer Ed Group conference in Newcastle for the first 2 days (not in second life) and in the second week an Intel Teach workshop in Sydney.

SL is great... watch your bandwidth though.

Darren Draper said...

Great work, Mark!

Welcome to NECC! I have to say that it's very exciting here. I'm glad you were able to experience some of it in SL.

They are doing a fantastic job here teaching educators how to use SL - which is a very fun thing to watch! They often teach other teachers by showing SL on a huge projector. My favorite thing to do is to find the avatar acting as the camera - and then flex for the participants while the presenter has his back turned. : )

See you in-world!